I know. It’s been a really long time since I’ve visited. This spring was so busy with the production of Hapenny Magick, and then I got really sick. Pretty much the whole month of May. And did I mention that I started a new job in March as well? So…now you know why I’ve been hibernating off line.
While recharging my batteries and settling into a new schedule, I’ve also been working on some new projects, one of which I’m particularly excited about, so I’ll show it to you first.
I’ve always wanted to illustrate a story with my dolls. This spring I discovered a illustrator who was doing exactly what I wanted to do. I love her book, Hank Finds an Egg. You can visit her at http://storywoods.blogspot.com. Anyway, she’s my current inspiration for Ducky and Spike, a new story I’m working on.
I also found 50 vintage hand sewn quilt blocks at a flea market in Vermont in July. Of course, I had to rescue them! I combined the vintage squares with some new squares and a hand-painted panel.
While I was waiting for my quilts to be machine quilted, I embroidered this pretty lady:
Last, but not least, I’ve been working on a new pattern too! Here’s a peek: