This cute little bear is one of the creatures you might meet in Fox Hollow! Want to meet some of the other creatures that live in Fox Hollow? My Kickstarter campaign is going strong and you can visit and see other character sketches and watch the video! Please help me spread the word and meet my goal!
This Bear is easy to make– you can make him into a pin or an ornament.
Here are your directions!
1. Download the bear-pin-J.Carson pattern.
2. Print the pattern on cardstock or print on regular paper and trace onto heavier paper.
3. Trace the pattern onto the back of your fur fabric. Only trace 2 ears on fur. Trace 2 more ears on felt.
4. cut out the pieces. Pin the side head together from nose tip, under chin to neck edge. Sew with a whip stitch.
5. Pin the gusset to the head. Stitch in place.
6. Turn right side out and stuff. Gather neck edge.
7. With a blanket stitch, sew one fur ear to one felt ear– place felt on wrong side of ear and blanket stitch edges.
8. Stitch ears to head.
9. Sew glass beads on for eyes.
10. Embroider nose and sew pin back on back of head, or attach a hanging loop.
If you want to make a top hat: cut one circle about the size of a quarter. Cut a rectangle about 2″ wide by however tall you’d like it. Sew the flat edges of the rectangle together with some embroidery floss. Cut a circle the size of the top of the fat and whip stitch circle to top of hat. Them stitch the larger circle to the bottom of hat. Stitch hat to bears head. Attach a little fabric bow and/or other bits and bobs for decoration.