If you are like most creative people, you scour the flea markets and garage sales during the summer for great items that can be recycled or “Up”cycled. Last year I found an old oil can at a junk/antique store and immediately it spoke to me.
It said “Don’t I look like a penguin to you?”
And I replied, “Yes, yes you do.”
I took him home, along with another oil can friend, begged my husband to clean them up for me and painted one like a bird and the other like a snowman. Needless to say, they were the first things to sell at a local handmade show I do after Thanksgiving. So, during the year I found more and I thought I would share with you this year’s snowmen.
Directions if you want to make your own snowman:
1. Clean the oil can really well and let it dry.
2. Paint the can with a light coat of Gesso.
3. If you want paint another coat of white when the gesso dries.
4. Paint your snowman’s eyes and stick arms.
5. Goop some modge-podge around the bottom and sprinkle some diamond glitter onto it.
6. Add other embellishments as you like!