October is here, and in the Northeast, it is getting quite chilly especially at night. I hope you are enjoying your fall wherever you are! This month’s free softie sewing pattern is a cute little hare. Using leftover wool scraps I hand stitched this 8″ hare together and softly stuffed him. He would be great stuffed with lavender or made into a rattle for a new little one.
1. print the PDF pattern (above in blue).
2. cut pattern out from your choice of fabrics.
3. stitch pink part of ears onto one half of body. Stitch a belly piece for each side of belly, same goes for nose and eyes. I hand stitched these on with a blanket stitch, but you could also machine stitch.
4. With right sides together pin and stitch body pieces together, leaving the turning flap unstitched. Again, I used a blanket stitch because I wanted a real handmade/primitive look to him, but you could machine stitch.
5. Stuff lightly.
6. Embroider pupils in eyes and whiskers.
7. Turn turning flaps to inside and close opening with a ladder stitch.
8.Enjoy! Please feel free to share this pattern and your creations from this pattern! I would love to have photos of your creations from my designs for my customer gallery– which I’m working on rebuilding–it should be up in a couple weeks.